Maybe it was an impulse buy, maybe it’s no longer in style or from a more embarrassing fashion period in your life, but we all have that pile of clothing we no longer wish to wear. Here are our top picks on where to donate your clothing:
- Community Closet: Located in the York Regional Dream Center in Shrewsbury, PA, the Community Closet accepts clothing donations (bins are at the rear of building). They process the clothing, houseware and toy donations and present them in their store for the local community to shop for donation (or free if they are unable to pay). Any clothing that is not acceptable for the store is forwarded to our next pick, the York Rescue Mission.
- The York Rescue Mission: The York Rescue Mission helps hurting and homeless community members and has several donation bins in the area. They use clothing donations in their men’s and women’s ministries including the homeless. Additional clothing is sold in their store which in turn funds their ministries.
- Goodwill Industries: Goodwill accepts clothing and houseware donations and sells the items in their store which funds job training and education for youth, seniors, veterans, people with disabilities, and criminal backgrounds. Find a local donation center here.
- Salvation Army: The outreach programs that the Salvation Army supports is endless..from veterans, the homeless, fighting human trafficking, prison ministries, to offering Christmas assistance. They even offer to pick up larger items. Click here for donation locations or to schedule a pick up.
- Dress for Success: Donate professional business attire and accessories here. Dress for Success provides professional attire as well as interview and job retention training for women.
Clear your closet while helping others to thrive. We hope you enjoy the list and use it the next time you clean your closets! Have other options for clothing donations? Please comment below!
Lisa & Allison